Reading to Make a Difference.
iOS application design and development
A la carte subscriptions, for a cause
Read for the Cure® is a mobile application developed for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch that gives users access to content from several leading publications. Proceeds from the app go to supporting Susan G. Komen's® fight against breast cancer.
The app provides users the option of viewing content as it is laid out in the publication or via a special reader mode that we custom coded specifically for this application. The reader mode parses EPUB files provided by the publishers. The parsed content is then normalized using best typography practices for an enhanced reading experience.
- Newsfeed: Discover key articles from the world’s leading magazines and the latest breast cancer resources and tips to stay healthy
- Magazine Subscriptions: Browse from a selection of magazines and choose unlimited access to any three issues a month for only $7.99
- Table of Contents: Access a table of contents for each magazine
- Bookmarks: Bookmark your favorite articles to the table of contents
- Early Access: Get your magazine as soon as it arrives and instantly sync your library across all your devices
- Extended Library: Read available back issues from the three magazines you select
- Updates: Get new issues alerts via push notifications